Whilst we have seen coronavirus case numbers rising again over the last couple of weeks, based on the government guidance for schools, we are currently planning for a return to a much more "normal" school day.
The children return to school on Monday 6th September 2021.
We are expecting:
- At the start of the day:
- all children arriving and entering school between 8.45 and 8.55am (our normal, non-covid time). Nursery will start at 9.00am, as normal.
- all children, parents and carers entering via the main gate, walking around the one-way system and leaving via the Key Stage 1 playground gate (as we have done all of this year)
- Children being allowed to bring in bags
- Children wearing their uniform every day and changing for PE in school
- Children eating their lunch in the hall (not in their classroom)
- At the end of the day:
- Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 parents / carers arriving at 3.10pm to collect their child; entering via the main gate, walking around the one-way system and leaving via the Key Stage 1 playground gate. All Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children will be dismissed at 3.15pm onto the KS1 playground NOT from classroom doors (as we have done all of this year)
- Year 3 and Year 4 parents / carers arriving at 3.15pm to collect their child; entering via the main gate, walking around the one-way system and leaving via the Key Stage 1 playground gate. All Year 3 and Year 4 children will be dismissed at 3.20pm from their classroom doors.
- Year 5 and Year 6 children will be expected to leave the site on their own. They will exit through the Key Stage 1 playground gate. Please ensure that they do not hang around outside the gate after leaving. If you normally collect / drop her off - please arrange a safe place to do this outside the school grounds
- Early Birds / Night Owls (onsite childcare before and after school) - more information to follow
- Early Birds: 7.30 - 8.45am (£3.75 per session or £15.00 for all 5 sessions in the week)
- Night Owls: 3.15 - 6.00pm (£8.25 per session of £35.00 for all 5 sessions in the week)
- We are also offering a single-day rate (both clubs on same day) for £10.00
However, if the case rate continues to rise, or the government announces new rules for schools over the next week, it is possible that we will have to revert to the revised procedures we had in place last term. It remains essential that parents / carers continue to check Weduc regularly for any updates.